Universal for IOS - Full Multi-Purpose IOS app
Unlimited Items – You can use & combine as many Timelines, Blogs, Feeds, Channels, Playlists, Stations, Webpages, etc as you want. Optionally add icons and create sections. Beautiful Design – We took great care of the UI of this template to make sure it is focussed on your content. Display the articles and videos in styled detail views with parallax scrolling header images and fading navigation bars. The latest content, endless – Get the latest content using official API’s and display them in media-enhanced endless lists, just scroll down to load more. No server required.
Universal for IOS - Full Multi-Purpose IOS app udemy course free download:
- Unlimited Items – You can use & combine as many Blogs, Timelines, Feeds, Channels, Playlists, Stations, Webpages, etc as you want. Optionally add icons and create sections.
- Beautiful Design – We took great care of the UI of this template to make sure it is focussed on your content. Display the articles and videos in styled detail views with parallax scrolling header images and fading navigation bars.
- Completely native – The app is written completely in Swift with native layout files.
- Notifications build-in – Support for notifications by OneSignal is completely build in, all you have to do is configure your OneSignal ID and configure your certificates and you can send notifications to your users. Notifications can open in the in-app webview, or in Safari.
- Admob Banners & Interstitial – Easily enable banners throughout you app and instantly monetize your application. Also supports interstitials shown during navigation on a configurable interval.
- Customizable & Brand-able – Make your app yours by customizing theme colors & using your own icons. You can also choose between multiple styles for your Navigation drawer, for example by setting a header image. Easily translatable.
- Tabs & Sliding Menu – Organise and navigate your content using tabs and/or the sliding menu drawer. You can also use category screens to organise content.
- In App Purchases* – Provide your users with the option to remove ads and/or unlock additional content with a quick in-app purchase to monetise your app.
- Social – Let your users share content from your app to other apps
- Connection Manager – No connection message when no internet. Error handling is also integrated.
- In-App Videoplayer – Let users play youtube videos without even having to leave your application!
- About Dialog – Display about dialog with a link to your own contact page.
- Dynamic Remote Configurations – Define your app’s configuration easily using our free Configuration tool. Your app will load based on this configuration, and you can update your apps configuration remotely, no need to update the app itself.
- Great Documentation – Step by step instructions on how to configure your template from scratch.
We support many content providers with Universal to ensure you can show content from all across the web. * Wordpress to show your Wordpress blog posts, either from Wordpress.com or self-hosted Wordpress sites, in your app. * Youtube to show Youtube channels, Youtube playlists or live videos right in your app. * Radio so you users can listen to Radio or Shoutcast/Icecast streams in your app, with metadata/now playing information and automated album art. * WooCommerce functionality to integrate your WooCommerce Store into your app, users can browse products, add them to the cart, checkout, login and view their recent orders. * WebView is available to show webpages, either online or offline. * Facebook to show your Facebook Page feed. * TV & Live Streams to show live TV and video streams in HD. * SoundCloud to play SoundCloud playlists and user uploads. * RSS and Podcasts to show RSS feeds and articles in your app, optionally with Audio. * Instagram, to show your Instagram posts. * Tumblr, to show a gallery of Tumblr user images. * Flickr, to show a Flickr gallery or album. * Twitter to show tweets based on a hashtag, query or username. * Maps, to show GeoJSON locations in your app. * Pinterest to show a Pinterest Board. * Wordpress Audio, to create an MP3 or ringtones app and let users listen to your hosted audio in your app. Above in the description you’ll find a more detailed description of each content provider and screenshots.
Works with RSS feeds per the RSS 2.0 specification. Works with Youtube Channels & Playlists. For self-hosted Wordpress installations, version 4.7 or higher is recommended. Most Wordpress themes and plugins should be compatible with our plugin, however we can not guarantee full 3rd party plugin and theme support. WooCommerce works with the WooCommerce REST API V2 and supports categories, regular products & variable products and has checkout in WebView. Radio player works with media formats supported by AVPlayer. In order to comply with App Store submission guidelines, all hosted remote resources you use with Universal need to be IPV6 compatible. Universal for IOS currently has no RTL support built-in.
Important notice: Pinterest has currently stopped its API service and API access is no longer available, which means that native Pinterest content in the app is currently not supported. We are currently awaiting Pinterest API updates. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Universal is compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad and uses Storyboards & Autolayouts. Please keep in mind that the compatibility and features of Universal for IOS may be different from Universal for Android. We recommend to edit Universal for IOS in the latest version of XCode.
Questions & Demo
If you have any questions regarding this template, you can always ask your question in the comments section.
Can I run this on Windows? Compiling the template requires the latest version of XCode, which can only run on MacOS. However, you can install MacOS on your machine as a dual boot or in a virtual machine. Alternative, you can use a service like like MacInCloud to run MacOS and Xcode from the cloud. And finally, you can consider hiring to compile the template for you, you can hire us or hire someone elsewhere.
For support, please visit our support website.
V.4.4.1 - Bugfixes and performance improvements V4.4.0 - Vimeo Provider - Wordpress Images provider - Wordpress Video provider - GDPR dialog support - Radio instantly resumes - Load Youtube, Instagram, Facebook API tokens from config.json V188.8.131.52 - Hotfix for Control Center and remote config file V4.3.5 - Tabbar background will match theme colour (unless in light mode) - Option to disable WebView navigation - Bugfixes and performance improvements V4.3.4 - Bugfixes and performance improvements V4.3.3 - Scrolling Navigationbar for more providers - All core files migrated to Swift, completing Swift migration - Option to permanently hide NavigationBar V4.3.2 - Added Wordpress Audio provider (WP REST API) - XCode 11 and IOS 13 Support - Bugfixes and performance improvements V4.3.1 - Bugfixes and performance improvements V4.3 - Pinterest and Tumblr have new layout and viewer and rewritten in Swift - Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook & Instagram have new layout and rewritten in Swift - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram support for multiple images per post & videos. - Maps and WebView in Swift - Overview redesigned and in Swift - Support for XCode 10.2 and Swift 5 - Improved WooCommerce product page - Bugfixes and performance improvements V4.2 - Wordpress has new layout, related posts, category chips and image slider - Added Wordpress Audio provider (JetPack API only) - Youtube has new layout - RSS is faster and has new layout - Radio has a new layout, and shows metadata in Control Center - RSS, Wordpress, Youtube, Radio, WebView, TV, SoundCloud are Rewritten in Swift - WooCommerce product image slider, external/affiliate product support - Option to change menu text colors - Improved layouts for iPad and landscape iPhone - Compact, Large, and Immersive layout styles for Wordpress, RSS & Youtube V4.1 -Support for IOS 12 and XCode 10 -Performance improvements & bugfixes V4.0 -WooCommerce added! -Flickr added! -Youtube Live added! -New (light) navigation layout -New layout for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest -Overall layout improvements -Bugfixes and performance improvements -Twitter 280 character support -Use of CocoaPods V3.2 -IOS 11 & Xcode 9 support -Iphone X support -Bugfixes V3.1 -Content defined in configuration files -Support for remote configuration! -Overview screens -GeoJSON support for maps -IAP for unlocking menu items -Basic support for RSS podcasts -WP Rest API featured images support -Bugfixes and stability improvements V3.0.1 - Support for SoundCloud Playlists - Support for Custom Items (launch apps/urls) - Bugfix for when using more than 5 tabs - Stability improvements and optimisations V3.0 - Support for Tabs! - Pinterest! - Live Video Stream Support (TV)! - Support for Wordpress.com/JetPack! - Basic Support for WP Rest API. - In-app purchases (to remove advertisements) - Admob Interstitials - Sliding Menu header logo (optional) - WebView file upload support - Layout improvements for Youtube & RSS - Bugfixes and performance improvements - New Youtube Player - Updated OneSignal/Admob/SDWebImage/etc - Basic WP REST API support V2.2.1 - IOS10 & XCode 8 optimisations - Stability improvements V2.2 - Wordpress Comments over Disqus - Search for Wordpress & Youtube - Bug fixes and optimizations V2.1 -SoundCloud -Notifications over OneSignal -New Radio layout with metadata support (now playing info) for Shoutcast. -WebView pull-to-refresh -WebView optimizations for loading and navigation buttons -Drawer is hidden when only 1 item is added -Language translation support -Wordpress Imagery improvements -Instagram Token fix -Documentation & code optimizations V2.0 -Rewritten with StoryBoard & Autolayout -Support for all devices (iPad mini, iPad air, iPad, iPad Pro, iPhone plus) -Support for Split-View -Improved for IOS9 -In-App background radio playing -Bug fixes V1.2 - Admob - IOS 9 & XCode 7 support - Bugfixes and improvements V1.1 - iAd integration - Minor improvements V1.0 Initial release
*In-App purchases require an extended license.
Icons used in the Demo and Promotional Images are retrieved from icons8.com and are not distributed with the template.